back to article Avaya chases Cisco with videoconferencing tablet

Where Cisco goes, Avaya often follows, and the smaller firm has introduced a video collaboration tablet, the Flare, similar to Cisco's recently announced Cius. While market buzz has focused on general-purpose consumer tablets like the iPad, many vendors believe their opportunity will lie in optimizing the form factor for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Wow...

"...a device more portable than a PC and with a larger screen than a phone."

I just don't know what to say, or more accurately, I don't know what to say *first*. What the hell is wrong with a laptop? You know, between you and me, I hear most of them even have webcams included these days. I know at least one major VC supplier who provides desktop (or laptop) software that will turn your device into a VC suite and you know what, when you're done, it's still a fully functioning laptop. I know what you're thinking here - Sh*t...the...bed. Right?

"...it can be tethered to a desk via a docking station." *Face, meet palm*

Since the latest rage seems to be to reduce everyday, cheap functionality and then charge the earth for a one trick pony why not just call this thing a magical and revolutionary device (tm) at an unbelievable price (tm).

And "priced around $2,000"? *Palm, meet face*

2. jonbobble

At last, Avaya related news makes it to El Reg!

Can't help but think it's a bit of a shame that Avaya didn't keep the working name "Mojo" instead of "Flare". That aside I'm quite excited by what I've seen so far and can't wait to try one of these in the next couple of weeks.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like