The Czech data protection authority has confirmed that Google does not have the proper licence to continue collecting images for its Street View service. The issue is not just about Wi-Fi data, as reported yesterday, but also images taken by its fleet of Street View cars which have already covered much of Prague, Český Krumlov …
So - you need a licence to take photographs in public in Czech land, then? That's just what Google is doing - no more or less. Golly, their government administration department of "The Taking of Photographs" is gonna be inundated!
There is a difference between taking photographs for personal use and commercial use.
You need permits virtually everywhere to film for commercial purposes and in most cases money needs to be paid.
Do I hear the sweet sound of chests of dubloons being demanded at sword-point?
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast
- Tim Cook: The classic iPod HAD to DIE, and this is WHY