The Data Center Solutions unit of server maker Dell – which does bespoke server design and manufacturing on behalf of a couple of dozen hyperscale customers – has kicked out a new server that packs a dozen single-socket Xeon servers into a single 3U chassis. This server chassis, named Viking, is based on a set of compact servers …
This is exactly what I have been wanting for /years/. Please, please, PLEASE kick down to the SME market!
The fans are 3x 120mm not 3x 320mm. 320mm is over a foot in diameter, 3U is only 5.25"
I would definately buy one if the price was right
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?