The Data Center Solutions unit of server maker Dell – which does bespoke server design and manufacturing on behalf of a couple of dozen hyperscale customers – has kicked out a new server that packs a dozen single-socket Xeon servers into a single 3U chassis. This server chassis, named Viking, is based on a set of compact servers …
This is exactly what I have been wanting for /years/. Please, please, PLEASE kick down to the SME market!
The fans are 3x 120mm not 3x 320mm. 320mm is over a foot in diameter, 3U is only 5.25"
I would definately buy one if the price was right
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update