Hewlett-Packard is close to buying security software maker ArcSight for $1.46bn, according to the Wall Street Journal. ArcSight was founded in 2000 and provides a line of security information and event management (SIEM) products to keep track of IT information assets and detect when compliance rules or systems themselves have …
Shop till you drop at the HP Megastore
Divorce was the only way to get my ex-wife to stop stopping.
What will HP do?
Why the buy.
"ArcSight .... provides a line of security information and event management (SIEM) products to keep track of IT information assets and detect when compliance rules or systems themselves have been breached...." So hp must need it to keep an eye on the exec expenses system?
Too good to last
Lucky old ArcSight board, they get some big payoffs and everyone they sold the product to gets shafted.
Shame, it was a good product... now destined for HP buggering up.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for those too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?