Hewlett-Packard is close to buying security software maker ArcSight for $1.46bn, according to the Wall Street Journal. ArcSight was founded in 2000 and provides a line of security information and event management (SIEM) products to keep track of IT information assets and detect when compliance rules or systems themselves have …
Shop till you drop at the HP Megastore
Divorce was the only way to get my ex-wife to stop stopping.
What will HP do?
Why the buy.
"ArcSight .... provides a line of security information and event management (SIEM) products to keep track of IT information assets and detect when compliance rules or systems themselves have been breached...." So hp must need it to keep an eye on the exec expenses system?
Too good to last
Lucky old ArcSight board, they get some big payoffs and everyone they sold the product to gets shafted.
Shame, it was a good product... now destined for HP buggering up.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE