Microsoft is planning another busy Patch Tuesday this month - with nine bulletins that tackle a total of 13 vulnerabilities ready for delivery next Tuesday (14 September). Four of the bulletins cover critical flaws in Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Vista. Extra security protection means that Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 …
2 of my "important" updates last week were optional, it makes the whole update process seem like a farce when the important ones aren't imporatant enough to be recommended.
And to be fair, neither of them seemed important from the description
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?