BlackBerry maker RIM has apparently bought out DataViz, publisher of the popular Documents To Go, in a deal worth $50m in cash. The acquisition is being reported by the Crackberry blog, and while we've not had confirmation from either company CNET says that DataViz has confirmed that "RIM has acquired some of the assets of …
Bad news Wednesday
This cannot be good news. The agenda must be to stop supporting rival devices.
If DataViz/RIM stop supporting the Android application I purchased, I wonder if they'll give a refund?? Hmmm...... I doubt it very much!
i expect rest of the company to continue other platforms
i expect RIM bought blackberry part of the company (and some more), to improve RIM software department (+ dataviz as part of bbery solution) but rest of the dataviz will continue to support other platform.
otherwise, they would buy whole dataviz a it would be advertised as such
Apple Store door slams in 5,4,3,2...
Just kidding Steve!
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK