back to article Google search button is, like, so 2009 - or something

Google’s search engine doodle turned from the somewhat troublesome bouncy balls to a shade of chrome today in the build-up to the company’s web search event in San Francisco. Ahead of that, there’s been speculation about what the ad broker will announce. Google has already hinted that its doodle has something to do with the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. petur
    Dead Vulture

Oh, Cade Metz is covering the event....

*prepares for some heavy Google-bashing*

2. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Erm did you not try a search?

You don't mention it in the article but when you use the current Google with the chrome doodle as soon as you start typing in the search, the colour begins to appear on the doodle.

3. RobBrown
    Grenade

Kurrently searching

Whatever Google announces will it be as game changing as the fact that there is now a seach engine that crawls Facebook?

http://pr-media-blog.co.uk/kurrently-searches-facebook-conversations/

4. Rob 9
    IT Angle

And maybe it's just me but...

Google.co.uk shows the chromeness, google.com doesn't.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@And maybe it's just me but...

I'm getting the "special" logos on my machine at home, but the ordinary Google logo at work. (I'm in the US).

Firefox 3.6.8 in both locations, but Win7 at home, XP at work.

5. Gene Cash Silver badge

Google's founding

Yesterday was the anniversary of Google's founding in '98. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. DrunkenMessiah
    Unhappy

Oh balls

I really hope they don't implement this "while you type" search. I can't be arsed with my results jumping about all the time eventhough I've not finished my search. Just let me search for what I want to search for...

8. James Hughes 1

Er...

It's already doing this instant stuff for me. Seems to work quite well...

Din't enable it or nuffink

9. rahul
    Alert

It's the new...

... Google.Me - A new paradigm in search. Your pals will tell you what you should search for, and will run the search for you, and go through the results for you, and take the decisions for you: all the while, you are mesmerized by the shiny trinket.

Oh and by the way: It's also "social".

10. TheRealRoland
    Terminator

More 'this is what we think you're searching for'?

Did a couple of searches for airports. LAX shows up in the top results, for both with and without the instant results, but only ORD shows up without the instant results switched on.

Now some Robert Redford movie is the top result...

Not sure if I will be using this a lot; i like to interpret the results (however uninterpreted/massaged/preselected-based-on-my-browsing-behavior they were before presented to me...) myself.

11. Richard Johnson 1
    FAIL

@foxski

Safe search on by default and in my preferences. No i dont see a problem.

12. Richard Johnson 1

@ Foxski

safe search on by default and in my preferences. Nope, can't see a problem.

13. Michael Sheils
    Thumb Up

Google Instant is live now

And it's pretty bloody great.

14. MentalJargon
    Thumb Up

Already here!

Using google.co.uk on Chrome at least already gives you searching as you type, I like it!

15. Anonymous Coward
    Welcome

I, for one, welcome our new streaming search overlords and what not

Compared to the slot machine aspect of "the button" this could be interesting and useful, especially in situations where you're looking for something obscure that requires multiple keywords

Understand it may not be for everyone, and could see it not working so well for slow connections... so not trying to be disagreeable here - just saying, I could see this as having some useful potential for me.

This topic is closed for new posts.