Feeds

back to article Twitter bug creates account hijacking peril

Twitter has been bitten by a hard-to-kill web-application bug that's being actively exploited to steal users' authentication credentials, a security expert said Tuesday. A link that exploits the XSS, or cross-site scripting, vulnerability was included in tweets that sent users' session cookies to two servers under the control …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

"Trusted web platform"

Is there such a thing? Amongst consumers and users there probably is. Amongst IT professionals with any idea of web security and social engineering techniques there shouldn't be any trust at all, only acceptable risk.

Anonymous Coward

Its just as well

I've never used twitter. Just about the only thing I agree with Cameron about is the twat comment regarding twitter

Thumb Down

I've never eaten a tomato...

...but I know they taste awful. That's what my Grand-dad used to say. Maybe form an opinion WHEN you have something to base it on, eh?

Anonymous Coward

I've never drank sour milk...

but I know it would taste awful. You dont need to taste it to know, all the evidence, the smell and look of it, tells you how bad it would be.

TRT
Silver badge
Flame

Tried it? I bought the company!

@ Bryan Anderson.

God, yeah. I mean, I'd never smoked, because I thought I wouldn't like it, but when I tried, it was great. And what do all those millions of health professionals know about it being bad for you, eh?

This topic is closed for new posts.