Seagate may be facing the abandonment of a favoured future technology as the price for hard disk drive (HDD) industry unity. The HDD industry is coming to a post-PMR (perpendicular magnetic recording) technology crossroads. The two ways ahead are both hugely expensive and the industry trade body, IDEMA, is setting up the Storage …
HAMR & BPM
Wasn't there some squaking about HAMR and BPM possibly being combined a generation after this one? Maybe Seagate's investment in HAMR won't be completely useless...
surely it doesn't matter?
provided the drive's external interface is industry standard, it doesn't matter how the data is stored within the drive?
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?
- Review 'Mommy got me an UltraVibe Pleasure 2000 for Xmas!' South Park: Stick of Truth
- The land of Milk and Sammy: Free music app touted by Samsung