Seagate may be facing the abandonment of a favoured future technology as the price for hard disk drive (HDD) industry unity. The HDD industry is coming to a post-PMR (perpendicular magnetic recording) technology crossroads. The two ways ahead are both hugely expensive and the industry trade body, IDEMA, is setting up the Storage …
HAMR & BPM
Wasn't there some squaking about HAMR and BPM possibly being combined a generation after this one? Maybe Seagate's investment in HAMR won't be completely useless...
surely it doesn't matter?
provided the drive's external interface is industry standard, it doesn't matter how the data is stored within the drive?
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM