Seagate may be facing the abandonment of a favoured future technology as the price for hard disk drive (HDD) industry unity. The HDD industry is coming to a post-PMR (perpendicular magnetic recording) technology crossroads. The two ways ahead are both hugely expensive and the industry trade body, IDEMA, is setting up the Storage …
HAMR & BPM
Wasn't there some squaking about HAMR and BPM possibly being combined a generation after this one? Maybe Seagate's investment in HAMR won't be completely useless...
surely it doesn't matter?
provided the drive's external interface is industry standard, it doesn't matter how the data is stored within the drive?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great