Seagate may be facing the abandonment of a favoured future technology as the price for hard disk drive (HDD) industry unity. The HDD industry is coming to a post-PMR (perpendicular magnetic recording) technology crossroads. The two ways ahead are both hugely expensive and the industry trade body, IDEMA, is setting up the Storage …
HAMR & BPM
Wasn't there some squaking about HAMR and BPM possibly being combined a generation after this one? Maybe Seagate's investment in HAMR won't be completely useless...
surely it doesn't matter?
provided the drive's external interface is industry standard, it doesn't matter how the data is stored within the drive?
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Google flushes out users of old browsers by serving up CLUNKY, AGED version of search
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- GCHQ protesters stick it to British spooks ... by drinking urine
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES