Spammers have been quick off the mark in exploiting Apple's new iTunes social network to punt survey scams. Ping only launched on Wednesday but is already being deluged with scams and spam messages, some attempting to dupe surfers into wasting their time completing online surveys under the false promise that they stand a chance …
Seems I'm offensive
My head and shoulders image was rejected. I guess Apple considers me offensive. Should I consider that offensive?
I've had 2 of these 'surveys' today
And I'm not on any social network.
(Don't have any friends)
Ban India and the problem will solve overnight: same happens on Linkedin.
Couldn't happen to a bigger bunch of assholes
I hope apple takes a while to fix this, they're so frigging STUPID to not have filtering in place prior to roll out. I'm literally laughing out loud.
Technically illiterate + money to burn
Apple users would appear to be the ideal target market for an internet scam.
I'm sure Apple are checking for offensive content...
...just like they thoroughly check every app in their store. No chance of a flashlight app sneakily hiding a tethering app or something more nefarious under Apple's watchful gaze, oh no!
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- VIDEO Herschel Space Observatory spots galaxies merging