Acer has said it'll update its EasyStore four-drive Nas box later this month with a new Intel Atom processor. The EasyStore H341 has the 1.66GHz Atom D410 on board - its predecessor, the H340 - reviewed here - had the 1.60GHz Atom 230, now officially end-of-lifed by the chip maker. Acer Easystore H340 That should speed up the …
Surely some mistake?
I think you've overlooked the fact that the 945-based chipset supporting the Atom 230 consumed significantly more power than either the Atom 230 CPU or the NM10 chipset. So, the power consumption of the whole system should be no greater than before, if Intel's claims for the power consumption of the 2nd gen Atom platform stack up.
Beat me to it!
My D510 box uses a lot less power than the 230 box it replaced, around 10W less.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft