Feeds

back to article Hands on with Motorola's Milestone 2 and Defy

Tom Satchwell, Director of Marketing, Motorola Europe demonstrates the company's latest Android offerings, the Milestone 2 and the Defy. Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe.com Motorola Milestone 2

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge
FAIL

No thanks

I will be declining any Motorola handsets offered when my next upgrade comes round.

Why?

Because they promised an OS update for the UK Dext ever since the phone was launched.

A promise they reneged on last month! Proof at link below:-

https://supportforums.motorola.com/community/manager/softwareupgrades

Until I am offered an upgrade, I have "Got Root" as the kids say, and installed Android 2.1 myself.

Thumb Down

me too!

At least my Milestone 1 has got the 2.1 update but some are saying 2.2 wont appear until next year! (It came out in July) Conveniently AFTER the Milestone 2 will have been released.

There is actually a drive by browser attack you can perform on 2.1 that is fixed in 2.2 so it's more than just holding features back.

I wont be getting a Milestone 2 any more if this is what we can expect from Motorola (It does look nice though)

Now if only someone would make a Phone 7 with slide out keyboard... at least MS know how to do regular updates!

Linux

Windows over Linux?!

You'd rather have regular updates on a Windows phone than have an Android phone with the possibility of nightly/weekly custom ROM builds?! That's just crazy!

WTF?

Sorry what?

Two dot two?

I stopped right there.

FAIL

but

It's not an iPhone 4 is it.

RAM

Did he really say 8GB of RAM... on a phone?

Anonymous Coward

Yes

He did. I assume it was a slip of the brain, he probably meant 8GB internal storage (for apps etc.) Most other devices (N1 / Milestone 1) only have 512MB.

It will likely have 512MB RAM.

Background noise

The background noise in that video was annoying, they can't even get that right!

This topic is closed for new posts.