Samsung has introduced the NF netbook family it plans to bring to market here in October. The new machines sports Intel's new dual-core Atom N550 chip. There are three members of the NF line: the 110, 210 and 310. The NF110 is the budget option, Samsung said, and the NF210 a version packed with a bigger, longer-running, 8850mAh …
No discrete mouse buttons == FAIL
As Einstein purportedly said, "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." This goes for the integrated mouse/trackpad layout that a lot of netbook/laptop computers are sporting lately. I have never found one that I like. The layout on the Dell Mini, for example, is horrible. Cutting and pasting with one hand is just about impossible. When are the designers going to learn, a PC is not a mac? Sure, it looks pretty, but try to use it in Windows or Linux.
Samsung's key innovation here is to ask 'does it blend' of a couple of generations MacBook, then decoct the resulting smoothie into a 1st generation iBook mould. Result - a HyundaiBook.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia