Samsung has introduced the NF netbook family it plans to bring to market here in October. The new machines sports Intel's new dual-core Atom N550 chip. There are three members of the NF line: the 110, 210 and 310. The NF110 is the budget option, Samsung said, and the NF210 a version packed with a bigger, longer-running, 8850mAh …
No discrete mouse buttons == FAIL
As Einstein purportedly said, "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." This goes for the integrated mouse/trackpad layout that a lot of netbook/laptop computers are sporting lately. I have never found one that I like. The layout on the Dell Mini, for example, is horrible. Cutting and pasting with one hand is just about impossible. When are the designers going to learn, a PC is not a mac? Sure, it looks pretty, but try to use it in Windows or Linux.
Samsung's key innovation here is to ask 'does it blend' of a couple of generations MacBook, then decoct the resulting smoothie into a 1st generation iBook mould. Result - a HyundaiBook.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market