Samsung has introduced the NF netbook family it plans to bring to market here in October. The new machines sports Intel's new dual-core Atom N550 chip. There are three members of the NF line: the 110, 210 and 310. The NF110 is the budget option, Samsung said, and the NF210 a version packed with a bigger, longer-running, 8850mAh …
No discrete mouse buttons == FAIL
As Einstein purportedly said, "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." This goes for the integrated mouse/trackpad layout that a lot of netbook/laptop computers are sporting lately. I have never found one that I like. The layout on the Dell Mini, for example, is horrible. Cutting and pasting with one hand is just about impossible. When are the designers going to learn, a PC is not a mac? Sure, it looks pretty, but try to use it in Windows or Linux.
Samsung's key innovation here is to ask 'does it blend' of a couple of generations MacBook, then decoct the resulting smoothie into a 1st generation iBook mould. Result - a HyundaiBook.
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity