Wholesale 4G network LightSquared is planning to start deployment in the middle of the USA and then spread to the coasts, according to documents sent out to potential partners. The plan, which was leaked to Bloomberg, involves connecting up Dallas, Chicago and Minneapolis next year, with New York, San Francisco and 18 other …
Not turning things around at all..
If they plan to have coast-to-coat satellite coverage, but ground coverage in only 23 cities after 2 years, that sounds to me like a satellite network with ground coverage, the difference being it's probably adding capacity infill more than just coverage infill.
Speeds at "up to X..."
...but only if you're in a major Metro. Oh, and you have a bandwidth cap of 2MB, past which you're charged at 15$/100KB.
And it'll still be the best deal on the continent. *sob*
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web vid' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Windows Phone will snatch biz No 2 spot from Android – analyst
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?