Wholesale 4G network LightSquared is planning to start deployment in the middle of the USA and then spread to the coasts, according to documents sent out to potential partners. The plan, which was leaked to Bloomberg, involves connecting up Dallas, Chicago and Minneapolis next year, with New York, San Francisco and 18 other …
Not turning things around at all..
If they plan to have coast-to-coat satellite coverage, but ground coverage in only 23 cities after 2 years, that sounds to me like a satellite network with ground coverage, the difference being it's probably adding capacity infill more than just coverage infill.
Speeds at "up to X..."
...but only if you're in a major Metro. Oh, and you have a bandwidth cap of 2MB, past which you're charged at 15$/100KB.
And it'll still be the best deal on the continent. *sob*
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON