With the majority of netbooks - and indeed laptops - sporting glossy displays, Samsung is sticking its neck out by giving the N230’s 10.1in panel a matte coating. While this minimises reflections from overhead lighting, windows and other light sources, it also means it’s not quite as vibrant as netbooks with a glossy screen …
I have a similarly spec'd N150 (except bluetooth is v2). Matte screen blows glossy out of the water, can watch a video on a plane without seeing my ugly mug staring back at me the whole time. Usable outdoors in all but direct sun. Price here in Canada was $299.
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops