With the majority of netbooks - and indeed laptops - sporting glossy displays, Samsung is sticking its neck out by giving the N230’s 10.1in panel a matte coating. While this minimises reflections from overhead lighting, windows and other light sources, it also means it’s not quite as vibrant as netbooks with a glossy screen …
I have a similarly spec'd N150 (except bluetooth is v2). Matte screen blows glossy out of the water, can watch a video on a plane without seeing my ugly mug staring back at me the whole time. Usable outdoors in all but direct sun. Price here in Canada was $299.
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Feature TV transport tech, part 1: From server to sofa at the touch of a button
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?