So which netbooks get the thumbs up? As far as performance goes, they’re all essentially in the same boat, so the judgement comes down to usability, features, battery life and price. You can see the similarity in performance from the test results: PCMark 05 Group Test: Netbooks Longer bars are better Video Playback Battery …
Prices have never been lower???
The lowest price on here is £249; some reach £350.
I paid £175 for my AA1 two years ago, and you could also get the eee for around £200.
By now, I was expecting prices to have dropped to the £100-£150 mark. Instead, bucking the trend everywhere else, the prices have gone UP.
The Windows tax
That's what happens when you ship a crap and expensive OS on small hardware...
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean