VMware has released new versions of its View virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and its ThinApp application streaming software, while promising some sort of consumer "cloud identity" offering sometime next year. View 4.5 offers support for the FIPS 140-2 security protocol required by the US government for protecting sensitive …
That all sounds really really cool.
I am going to go take my budget and weep quietly in a corner now.
this is better news from VMware than "windows is dead"
still too much money, unless there is a deal for so many users
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom