The Ruby on Rails creator has released version 3.0 of the open source web framework, following a two-year project involving more than 1,600 contributors to the code. David Heinemeier announced the third generation release of the software – which has been designed to work with Ruby 1.8.7, Ruby 1.9.2, and JRuby 1.5.2+ – on Sunday …
'Heinemeier said the latest release had “brought true agnosticism to Rails 3 for all components of the framework”.'
I don't know whether I'd believe that....
So Ruby 1.9 has Unicode support, does it? Or is Unicode another one of the older children's toys that DHH doesn't understand but likes to mock anyway?
No link to the library? Make me do my own work....the shame....
But does it scale?
Well, does it?
Downloading tonight. I've been looking forward to this :)
I vote they re-brand it
To "RUBY ON FAILS".
3 Years ago, it had several large DOT com backers, was the buzz language on the moment, set to take replace both Java and PHP... now its more or less dead.
- iPad is an iFAD: Now we know why Apple went running to IBM
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'