Isilon is adding iSCSI block data access to its OneFS operating system, meaning its scale-out filer product is now a scale-out, unified storage product. There is a VMworld angle to this, with Isilon ferreting out a user, John Welter, technology VP at the North West Group, who said that with Isilon, "we can power our block …
Who cares about FCoE ?
After all, replacing all your ethernet switche to supoprt FCoE doesn't make sense. The temporary FCoE technology to migrate your storage network into IP makes sense, but isn't the endpoint.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire