Via Aaron Rakers of Stifel Nicolaus I'm hearing Hitachi GST may be being prepped for an IPO. He cites a Reuters report which mentions an IPO is one alternative and others include an outright sale by Hitachi of all or part of its disk drive operation. Likely buyers if a sale is consider have to be the existing HDD manufacturers …
Let's hope not
WD and Seagate (and their various brands) are not names I associate with quality hard drives. Hitachi are one of the few names I trust, even after the 75GXP series (whose problems were blown out of all proportion anyway).
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous fat pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst