Via Aaron Rakers of Stifel Nicolaus I'm hearing Hitachi GST may be being prepped for an IPO. He cites a Reuters report which mentions an IPO is one alternative and others include an outright sale by Hitachi of all or part of its disk drive operation. Likely buyers if a sale is consider have to be the existing HDD manufacturers …
Let's hope not
WD and Seagate (and their various brands) are not names I associate with quality hard drives. Hitachi are one of the few names I trust, even after the 75GXP series (whose problems were blown out of all proportion anyway).
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support