Via Aaron Rakers of Stifel Nicolaus I'm hearing Hitachi GST may be being prepped for an IPO. He cites a Reuters report which mentions an IPO is one alternative and others include an outright sale by Hitachi of all or part of its disk drive operation. Likely buyers if a sale is consider have to be the existing HDD manufacturers …
Let's hope not
WD and Seagate (and their various brands) are not names I associate with quality hard drives. Hitachi are one of the few names I trust, even after the 75GXP series (whose problems were blown out of all proportion anyway).
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know