Via Aaron Rakers of Stifel Nicolaus I'm hearing Hitachi GST may be being prepped for an IPO. He cites a Reuters report which mentions an IPO is one alternative and others include an outright sale by Hitachi of all or part of its disk drive operation. Likely buyers if a sale is consider have to be the existing HDD manufacturers …
Let's hope not
WD and Seagate (and their various brands) are not names I associate with quality hard drives. Hitachi are one of the few names I trust, even after the 75GXP series (whose problems were blown out of all proportion anyway).
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor