Fast filer supplier BlueArc is going to embed Permabit's Albireo deduplication software into its products, enabling more data to be stored in the same disk capacity. BlueArc's Titan and Mercury filers use hardware acceleration to deliver faster access to data. Permabit has developed its Albireo software to deduplicate data …
Sr Director Storage Product Marketing
I can't really go along with your statement that: "With Ocarina having just been bought by Dell it's likely that Permabit now has the OEM supply field for deduplication software to itself." Our Exar BitWackr is primarily software assisted by a specialized ASIC that virtually eliminates latency in deduplication. Latency is the enemy of deduplication performance and is what keeps the technology out of the primary data path - with BitWackr as the sole exception. Exar is, indeed, an OEM supplier and we have a number of evaluations currently underway. So to rephrase your comment: "With Ocarina having just been bought by Dell it's likely that Permabit and Exar that now have the OEM supply field for deduplication software to themselves"
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of vast BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan