Industrial conglomerate 3M has agree to buy biometric security firm Cogent Systems in a deal valued at $943m. Cogent markets fingerprint, iris and facial biometric technologies to governments and businesses. 3M said its technology will allow it to sell login systems to corporates while its sales team and channel will help its …
Match Made In Heaven
Sell the fingerprint readers to secure the resources, and the sticky tape for the criminals to lift the prints (Hollywood style, of course)
3m is a glue factory so ...
what is rge connection between glue and the new acquisition?
CA Buys Arcot
CA certainly has been on a buying spree recently to try to move itself into the Cloud space. With the space predicted to grow at more than a 15% CAGR, it's little wonder as to why. However, this recent acquisition smacks of putting a square peg in a round hole.
Arcot has a nice solution for strong authentication but as an authentication play, it's not that interesting. It's about time that CA patched that hole in their SiteMinder portfolio. Other providers (Novell included) offer token-less strong authentication. I'm left scratching my head and wondering if this is truly a cloud security play or merely paying a lot for a technology labeled "cloud."
- Anita Moorthy, Novell, Senior Solutions Manager
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Pic Mars rover 2020: Oxygen generation and 6 more amazing experiments
- Microsoft's Euro cloud darkens: US FEDS can dig into foreign servers
- Boffins spot weirder quantum capers as neutrons take the high road, spin takes the low
- Plug and PREY: Hackers reprogram USB drives to silently infect PCs