Momentum continues to build at data warehousing appliance maker Netezza, which posted 45 per cent growth in the second quarter of fiscal 2011, hitting $63.8m in revenues. In the quarter, which ended July 31, Netezza brought $3.2m to the bottom line, more than four times the black ink it had in the year ago quarter. Jim Baum, …
Larry may be a Pinocchio about the "billion dollars of Exadata pipeline", but his sales efforts about Exadata is the best thing that ever happened to Netezza. When customers compare Oracle's claims about I/O's per seconds (IOPS) to the business value of BI that Netezza has been delivering to customers its an easy sell. Not to mention $7M per rack of Exadata or $10M over three years makes us look like a great deal.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- FreeBSD abandoning hardware randomness