Momentum continues to build at data warehousing appliance maker Netezza, which posted 45 per cent growth in the second quarter of fiscal 2011, hitting $63.8m in revenues. In the quarter, which ended July 31, Netezza brought $3.2m to the bottom line, more than four times the black ink it had in the year ago quarter. Jim Baum, …
Larry may be a Pinocchio about the "billion dollars of Exadata pipeline", but his sales efforts about Exadata is the best thing that ever happened to Netezza. When customers compare Oracle's claims about I/O's per seconds (IOPS) to the business value of BI that Netezza has been delivering to customers its an easy sell. Not to mention $7M per rack of Exadata or $10M over three years makes us look like a great deal.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids