Feeds

back to article Google eats pseudo Swedish social startup

Google has acquired the Palo Alto-based startup Ångströ, an outfit that built all sorts of apps that hook into "social" sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. In a Friday blog post, Ångströ co-founder Rohit Khare indicated that his company had been snapped up by Mountain View, and though Google has not responded to our …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

alt.swedish.chick.bonk.bonk.bonk

Whoo cairs iff dey ken kook

Anonymous Coward

The business model:

1) Start a "social" startup

2) Get bought by google

3) profit!

Do I spy a little bubble brewing? Can google fund it all alone, or will micros~1 want to chip in? Maybe cisco? intel? Ghod forbid, IBM? And if they start, maybe EDS^Whp will want to bandwagoneer on "enterprise social" too? Hmmm, the possibilities.

re: business model

So what's new?

Hasn't that been the business model of startups since Google was born? Many of Google's non-search apps have their foundations in startups they acquired.

Roundabout job application?

I was trawling through a bunch of summaries of Californian technology start-ups the other day and this story reinforces my view that they appear to be nothing more than job application to Google, with large signing on bonuses, rather than serious business ventures.

What's nuts is that some of these appear to have (limited) VC backing, although a swift 'exit' to Google probably gives them a rapid but small profit I guess.

This topic is closed for new posts.