Feeds

back to article Euro bell tolls for UK's data protection regs

The Ministry of Justice has said it has responded on time to the European Commission's request that it beef up British data protection to bring it into line with European law. In June the Commission gave the UK government two months to strengthen protection for its citizens or go to the European Court. The Ministry of Justice …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

This post has been deleted by its author

FAIL

Negotiations ?

Quote: The Ministry of Justice said today it had responded but it would be inappropriate to discuss it while negotiations were going on.

There is nothing to negotiate, Data protection laws must be strengthened.

Who's got something to hide ?

Negotiations :-)

Yeah - they are pretending there are some negotiations to hide the fact that they just received a kicking.

Bronze badge

Viviane Reding seems to be a pretty good watchdog

Really trying to get stuff done. Better than the drooling mangy pretence we have here. She deserves credit, and I still have her reply from my letter about Phorm & BT (because no-one here would do anything).

Gold badge
FAIL

15 *yeas* to implement the Data Protection Directive

5 mins to implement the Data Retention Directive.

Big Brother

The ICO are

... like maggots on a bonfire.

I hope the EC finally give the MoJ/ICO/Home Office the kick in the head they so richly deserve for (thus far) failing to prosecute the crooks responsible for BT/Phorm, failing to act against corrupt Civil Servants who were colluding with them, and failing to protect the public at large from illegal mass surveillance and industrial espionage by Russian/Turkish/American/Greek spyware crooks.

This topic is closed for new posts.