back to article LG: big, bendy e-paper screens out by year's end

LG's display developing subsidiary will begin mass-producing 9.7in colour e-paper panels and 19in monochrome but flexible e-paper screens by the end of the year. LG Display, which makes the 9.7in in-plane switching (IPS) LCD screen used in the Apple iPad, made the forecast in its latest filing with the US Securities and Exchange …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Go

Killer app

I've always thought the killer app for colour e-ink would be digital photo frames (and maybe eventually posters, pictures etc). The current ones are a bit silly (although in my opinion surprisingly popular), needing to be plugged in all the time, but theoretically e-ink ones would only need to be plugged in while you configured what photo to display and then you could hang it up wherever you like without further access to power.

You could change your wall pictures as often as you change your desktop wallpaper.

Agreed, but I'd go further.

Fit one of these with a transponder and wireless power antenna and you could change all your pictures simply by aiming a remote control at them. Fit a small battery and you could update them from a central location.

TWB
Unhappy

I'm so confused...

"Samsung has shown off colour e-paper capable of displaying video this year, but it's so convinced that the technology has legs that this week is said it's pulling out of the e-paper business." - that sounds contradictory - I must be missing something - pleas explain???

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums