Feeds

back to article Asus unwraps dual-core Atom netbook

Asus has outed its first netbook based on the just-announced dual-core Atom N550 processor. Step forward, the Eee PC 1015PEM, which combines Asus' curvy seashell design with said 1.5GHz CPU, 1GB of DDR 3, 160-320GB of hard drive storage, 802.11n Wi-Fi and all the usual netbook portage. Asus Eee PC 1015PEM Well, almost - this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
FAIL

Screen Size

You didn't mention it, but the display is only 1024x600 - which isn't much use for anything these days.

screen size

It's a netbook, not a laptop. That is the standard resolution for a netbook.

which is actually fine considering the screen size, if the resolution were any higher you would need would need a magnifying glass to read text.

Although, i would like to be able to increase the resolution when using an external monitor.

Grenade

Still Slower than HP dm1z netbok

I was going to order that until I discovered the HP 11.6" Netbook which is faster than the Asus and it's available with:

AMD Turion II Neo Dual-Core Processor K625 (1.5GHz)

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4225 Graphics

5Gigs DDR3

HDMI output

720P LED screen

Solid state drive.

Anonymous Coward

And "13 hours" is a lie

Or, as they would probably call it, an estimate for marketing purposes.

Asus eeePC904HA, very big clear sticker about 6 hours battery life, and amazing how my iPhone's clock puts it at 4-4.5 hours even running the eeePC power management, wifi turned off, sitting twiddling its thumbs... (mostly - reading eBooks)

Obviously faulty iPhone clock, couldn't be Asus being full of it.

Thumb Up

She's back!

Nice to see that Eee PC's friend has returned to the pages of this esteemed organ.

This topic is closed for new posts.