Feeds

back to article Facebook leapfrogs Google's Orkut in India

Facebook’s popularity has overtaken Google’s Orkut in India, where Mountain View’s social network site had previously – and somewhat surprisingly – reigned supreme. According to new figures from web traffic outfit comScore, Facebook edged ahead of Orkut in the past year with one million more users in India, where social network …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Stop

Not in China, Myanma/Burma or VietNam

Thankfully the governments of these countries have wisely decided that their citizens need not waste their time on this web site although they can still Twit or IM.

We have our very own social site in VietNam and very popular it is too, if you can read and write Vietnamese.

There again, SMS/texting is busy, busy, busy (we have very, very cheap rates, here in VN).

Paris Hilton

market?

So social networks are markets now? What do they sell exactly? What kind of revenue they generate? I have a facebook account, but I do not buy anything, and I do not remember seeing adverts, so where do the money some from? Farms and mafia? Paris, cause she is also confused :)

Orkut

So the only market Farcebook don't have penetration with the masses is Brazil. Although all the cool kids® use Farcebook now.

This topic is closed for new posts.