EMC's eagerly-awaited FAST 2 automated data movement is coming to CLARiiON and Celerra arrays today, together with FCoE and improved VMware vCenter integration. CMO Jeremy Burton mentioned these things at Everything Channel's XChange Conference yesterday, also saying CLARiiON and Celerra arrays had more than 60 integration …
Seems kind of hefty, I think IBM's easy tier moves stuff in 1GB chunks too. 3PAR is at 128MB. Reading a GB of data off a SATA disk isn't exactly fast!
I wonder what Compellent's tiering block size is?
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE