EMC's eagerly-awaited FAST 2 automated data movement is coming to CLARiiON and Celerra arrays today, together with FCoE and improved VMware vCenter integration. CMO Jeremy Burton mentioned these things at Everything Channel's XChange Conference yesterday, also saying CLARiiON and Celerra arrays had more than 60 integration …
Seems kind of hefty, I think IBM's easy tier moves stuff in 1GB chunks too. 3PAR is at 128MB. Reading a GB of data off a SATA disk isn't exactly fast!
I wonder what Compellent's tiering block size is?
- Product Round-up Smartwatch face off: Pebble, MetaWatch and new hi-tech timepieces
- Geek's Guide to Britain The bunker at the end of the world - in Essex
- FLABBER-JASTED: It's 'jif', NOT '.gif', says man who should know
- If you've bought DRM'd film files from Acetrax, here's the bad news
- Microsoft reveals Xbox One, the console that can read your heartbeat