Vodafone has launched the R201 mobile hotspot, which first emerged last week. The R201 shares a tri-band 3G connection - 7.2Mb/s HSDPA, 5.8Mb/s HSUPA - between five devices that link up to it over Wi-Fi. It has a Micro SDHC card slot that can likewise be shared among clients, by DLNA and SMB file-sharing. Vodafone R201 Pay- …
This'll be why Vodaphone are dragging their heels with the HTC desire 2.2 update then? As soon as they release it, all those Desire owners will get a free 3G hotspot... which might dent their R201 sales figures.
Mine's the one with the unlocked Nexus 1 in the pocket.
- Breaking news: Google exec in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL