Vodafone has launched the R201 mobile hotspot, which first emerged last week. The R201 shares a tri-band 3G connection - 7.2Mb/s HSDPA, 5.8Mb/s HSUPA - between five devices that link up to it over Wi-Fi. It has a Micro SDHC card slot that can likewise be shared among clients, by DLNA and SMB file-sharing. Vodafone R201 Pay- …
This'll be why Vodaphone are dragging their heels with the HTC desire 2.2 update then? As soon as they release it, all those Desire owners will get a free 3G hotspot... which might dent their R201 sales figures.
Mine's the one with the unlocked Nexus 1 in the pocket.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great