Vodafone has launched the R201 mobile hotspot, which first emerged last week. The R201 shares a tri-band 3G connection - 7.2Mb/s HSDPA, 5.8Mb/s HSUPA - between five devices that link up to it over Wi-Fi. It has a Micro SDHC card slot that can likewise be shared among clients, by DLNA and SMB file-sharing. Vodafone R201 Pay- …
This'll be why Vodaphone are dragging their heels with the HTC desire 2.2 update then? As soon as they release it, all those Desire owners will get a free 3G hotspot... which might dent their R201 sales figures.
Mine's the one with the unlocked Nexus 1 in the pocket.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor