In a webcast discussing HP's bid for 3PAR today, HP said it had made a previous offer for the company which had, instead, accepted a Dell offer. HP's David Donatelli, head of its Enterprise Servers, Storage and Networks division, said that HP had run due diligence on 3PAR before any publicity about a 3PAR acquisition and that …
Hostile my a@se!
What utter speculation. It sounded to me as if HP just moved too slowly to get exclusivity and in the meantime Dell tabled an inflated valuation offer. And HP have just come back with a suitably aggressive (against Dell) counter offer. I doubt 3PAR will have a preference to be taken over by Dell as opposed to HP. 3PAR is a company that has always focused heavily on R&D, Dell is the opposite, so hardly a tight fit in that way.
Mr Donatelli, where would you like me to put this horse's head?
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity