In a webcast discussing HP's bid for 3PAR today, HP said it had made a previous offer for the company which had, instead, accepted a Dell offer. HP's David Donatelli, head of its Enterprise Servers, Storage and Networks division, said that HP had run due diligence on 3PAR before any publicity about a 3PAR acquisition and that …
Hostile my a@se!
What utter speculation. It sounded to me as if HP just moved too slowly to get exclusivity and in the meantime Dell tabled an inflated valuation offer. And HP have just come back with a suitably aggressive (against Dell) counter offer. I doubt 3PAR will have a preference to be taken over by Dell as opposed to HP. 3PAR is a company that has always focused heavily on R&D, Dell is the opposite, so hardly a tight fit in that way.
Mr Donatelli, where would you like me to put this horse's head?
- Google: Surge in pressure from govts to DELETE CHUNKS of the web
- Oi, bank manager. Only you've got my email address - where're these TROJANS coming from?
- Updated ARM server chip upstart Calxeda bites the dust in its quest for 64-bit glory
- Macbook webcams CAN spy on you - and you simply CAN'T TELL
- Feminist Software Foundation gets grumpy with GitHub … or does it?