In a webcast discussing HP's bid for 3PAR today, HP said it had made a previous offer for the company which had, instead, accepted a Dell offer. HP's David Donatelli, head of its Enterprise Servers, Storage and Networks division, said that HP had run due diligence on 3PAR before any publicity about a 3PAR acquisition and that …
Hostile my a@se!
What utter speculation. It sounded to me as if HP just moved too slowly to get exclusivity and in the meantime Dell tabled an inflated valuation offer. And HP have just come back with a suitably aggressive (against Dell) counter offer. I doubt 3PAR will have a preference to be taken over by Dell as opposed to HP. 3PAR is a company that has always focused heavily on R&D, Dell is the opposite, so hardly a tight fit in that way.
Mr Donatelli, where would you like me to put this horse's head?
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Microsoft refuses to nip 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- US Copyright Office rules that monkeys CAN'T claim copyright over their selfies
- Tesla: YES – We'll build a network of free Superchargers in Oz
- True fact: 1 in 4 Brits are now TERRORISTS