Google has bought Like.com in its latest social networking takeover. The world's largest ad broker has in the past few weeks been hoovering up Web2.0 outfits in a clear move to build its own social network site by bringing in talent from outside the Googleplex. Like.com confirmed that Mountain View had acquired the firm, but …
More and more Google is beginning to remind me of the little drones from Portal.
[The turrets say this when you leave their field of vision]
"Sentry Mode Activated"
"Is anyone there?"
"Could you come over here?"
"Are you still there?"
"Can I help you?"
Quite creepy mental image actually.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...