Google has bought Like.com in its latest social networking takeover. The world's largest ad broker has in the past few weeks been hoovering up Web2.0 outfits in a clear move to build its own social network site by bringing in talent from outside the Googleplex. Like.com confirmed that Mountain View had acquired the firm, but …
More and more Google is beginning to remind me of the little drones from Portal.
[The turrets say this when you leave their field of vision]
"Sentry Mode Activated"
"Is anyone there?"
"Could you come over here?"
"Are you still there?"
"Can I help you?"
Quite creepy mental image actually.
- SMASH the Bash bug! Apple and Red Hat scramble for patch batches
- BENDY iPhone 6, you say? Pah, warp claims are bent out of shape: Consumer Reports
- eXpat Files 'Could we please not have naked developers running around the office BEFORE 10pm?'
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?