Google has bought Like.com in its latest social networking takeover. The world's largest ad broker has in the past few weeks been hoovering up Web2.0 outfits in a clear move to build its own social network site by bringing in talent from outside the Googleplex. Like.com confirmed that Mountain View had acquired the firm, but …
More and more Google is beginning to remind me of the little drones from Portal.
[The turrets say this when you leave their field of vision]
"Sentry Mode Activated"
"Is anyone there?"
"Could you come over here?"
"Are you still there?"
"Can I help you?"
Quite creepy mental image actually.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great