Acer's expected Android-based tablet will come to challenge the iPad in Q1 2011 rather than Q4 2010, it has been alleged. Notebook industry sources cited by DigiTimes made the claim, adding that the reason for the delay - if delay it truly is; we're not so sure - is Acer's decision to wait for Android 3.0. Well Acer might wait …
Why not just release the damn things now with 2.1 or 2.2 and try to get some market share before they have to spend the next 5 years chasing Apple. As long as the OS can be patched to version 3 when it's released there should be no problem.
I know people that are looking for these now and if the delays keep going they will just end up buying an iPad before the end of the year.
that if they were to release a challenger to the ipad that had a less than decent user experience then they run the risk of poisoning the market and pushing many people towards the ipad.
Besides, Microsoft has the rush-it-out-and-try-and-fix-the-bugs-with-updates-later market sewn up already.
Why dont they just release the hardware?
Linux hackers will have linux working on it by the end of the week!
Now if this was Jobs and Apple ...
he would simply change the calendar and extend Q4-2010 until release date to maintain the illusion.
Of course, mere mortals prefer to release completed, working products without the risk of having to issue bumpers, etc.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp