Nokia has revamped its X3 sliderphone as... a candybar. Yet like previous X3 - reviewed here - the new "Touch and Type" version has a touchscreen - the first time the Finnish phone giant has placed touchscreen and keys on the same part of a phone, the company claimed. Nokia X3 Touch and Type "We've designed the Nokia X3 to be …
First relevant Nokia in a long time?
Looks nice, but it could be 12 months too late though...
Just like the Sony Ericsson G900. Remember that? Quite.
Perfect for my missus
Who wants a decent touch screen phone but just really hates composing texts on a normal qwerty touch screen phone. Will be buying one for her when it hits the stores.
I like it
I like this. This is the ideal form factor for me, a nice uncramped physical phone keypad for predictive texting (never got the hang of a fiddly tiny Blackberry-style full QWERTY on a candybar form factor), and a touch screen for everything else. Why don't more manufacturers do this?! HTC briefly experimented with the Touch Dual (Nike) slider but it was let down IMHO by Windows Mobile 6 and a lack of wifi.
If ithis phone ran Android (or, I guess, Meego) I would probably get one.
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE