Feeds

back to article Chair maker punts $6,000 iPad recliner

What might an obscenely rich, profoundly indolent fanboi choose as the ultimate iPad accessory? Might we suggest the six-thousand dollar Elite Home Theater Seating iPad Chair? That'd be the Premium Package version of the leather-upholstered recliner, the upgrade that adds butt-shaking sound enhancers, an adjustable headrest, and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Bronze badge

>> feel a bit like a Star Fleet Officer on the bridge of the Enterprise

And a whole lot more like Jabba the Hutt.

Silver badge

Bobby Bala

So, Bala is just another example of a 'merican who hasn't got the slightest grasp of what the essentials of a European sports car are?

Silver badge

Wide wheels not fat arse (unless it's a Porsche)

One assumes that Bala has mistaken high performance cars for sports cars.

A European sports car should give the impression that driving it is exciting, thrilling and anedge-of-seat experience and if you get it wrong it will kill you.

America tends to pull the teeth of Euro sports cars and make them 'safe'. It just looks like a comfy chair without the Inquisition.

FAIL

ThatGuy

I doubt and self-respecting Apple person would own something this garish. Hell, I'm not an dApple person and I wouldn't buy this crap.

"sleek new iPad Chair"

After looking at the photographs I came to the conclusion that the above description was a joke.

It was, wasn't it?

WTF?

FFS!

Hmm neck ache from staring down at a small screen. Wonderful! With home cinema kit at least you are looking at something large that ensures you move your head about a little.

Sounds like just another company jumping on the "ooh-look-we-have-crowbarred-a-product-with-an-ipad" bandwagon to me.

Silver badge
Happy

Essential Extras

"...twin low-frequency Crowson TES 100 drivers mounted below the chair's arms to "transport you into a visceral experience.".."

What about twin, vacuum connected drain holes in the seat, to transport away your visceral experience? You could sit in comfort, all day.

Troll

Nah, this is targetted at iPad owners.

Therefore, the essential extras would be an industrial sized Vaseline dispenser and a jumbo box of Kleenex 'tummy wipes'.

Grenade

thinking too small

With integrated Quagmire robotics to bend the user into a position to insert the new Apple product where the sun don`t shine at each Apple product release.

FAIL

So it's

and ugly chair, with a cheap nasty clamp shoe-horned to fit a cup holder. With a ooo so tasteful logo printed on the arm.

This is why Americans can't build sports cars (with the odd exception). They try to make a Aston Martin and end up with a Homer Simpson bodge job.

Silver badge
FAIL

The fail is more abject than that

The chair does not even have a iPad dock, merely a generic holder for a rectangular device approximately the appropriate size.

- So it can't charge the device, or even pipe the device's output into those gigantic speakers....

Thus, this is merely mechanised upholstery with a dodgy cupholder.

FAIL

You fail!

"During the design process, our goal was to design a chair that blended the sleek styling of a European sports car with the clean aesthetic lines of the iPad itself,"

Uhh....fail and fail. It looks like a few boxes covered in leather with an attachment for the iPad that completely fails to match (or even compliment) the rest of the chair.

Anonymous Coward

Penis

"During the design process, our goal was to design a chair that blended the sleek styling of a European sports car with the clean aesthetic lines of the iPad itself,"

What a Knob!

Pint

$6,000 ???!!!

and there isn't even a mini-fridge for a few beers built into the arm.

Grenade

look at the positives

hands free for your displaying of pr0n,

wipe clean leather seat

cup holders could hold a tube of wipes.

its perfect for the w4nkers thats going to buy it.

Silver badge

For that kind of wedge

I could have a custom made leather recliner that didnt look like a dog and could be fitted with any Tech I wanted and wouldnt have to be thrown away when IPad2 comes out.

Stop

iPad not included?

Is that because even THEY can't get hold of one??

Jobs Horns

Anyone actually thinking of buying an ichair must be mad

Anyone interested, contact me and i'll make you one for $50.

Or £60 if you live in the UK

Unhappy

But I can see screws!

Alas the illusion was shattered as soon as I spotted the screws on the iPad holder. Obviously not an Apple endorsed accessory :)

Anonymous Coward

Long Haul Simulator

Just need a tray-meal and a light above the seat then I can pretend I'm on a long-distance flight in the comfort of my own living room.

Maybe someone continually humming and rocking you violently every few hours could add to the plane experience at extra cost.

That's the Flight Similator add-on,

Coming in a few months...

This topic is closed for new posts.