back to article Alleged bad Appler pleads not guilty

Paul Shim Devine, a 37-year old Apple manager, has pleaded not guilty to wire fraud and conspiracy charges related to accusations that he took a series of bribes from suppliers to help them win work from the computer and phone maker. Devine, paid over $100,000 plus options by Apple, denied taking $2.5m from six companies since …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Stupid?

How could anyone be so stupid as to leave any trace of such transactions on office equipment?

Gold badge
Joke

Look at his surname

He works for Apple, and has a surname "Devine". The poor man cannot have had much bandwidth left after the day to day management of such godly conflicts :-).

WTF?

More info please...

"On it were found Hotmail and Gmail accounts arranging payments through 14 different bank accounts"

I guess he had saved the details, otherwise how did they know? And surely reading these emails would be classed as illegal / unadmissable as evidence, unless a warrant was obtained by the police.

Please fill in the blanks.

Bronze badge

Re

My first thought as well. They wouldn't find the emails on the computer... they'd be on the web server... unless he was importing them into Outlook or something... then he'd just be stupid.

Unless the Apple laptops run spy software on them, which given Stevey J's unstable mental state, wouldn't surprise me. Standard key logger and screen shot every X seconds model.

Since the hardware is Apple's property, those things would be admissible (I think).

Not even a keylogger needed

Dollars to donuts, it was that he was still logged on to gmail.com via cookies. And if it's on company hardware and through the company network, well, there'd be a huge paper trail at the router and remote administration enabled for IT purposes.

Given how aggressively Apple hunts down rumor mill leaks, I wouldn't be surprised if they stumbled across this while doing a scan for leaks to media.

Anonymous Coward

I wouldn't be surprised

If Apple employees sign away rights to just about everything --- from personal e-mail to the children's schoolbooks!

Silver badge
Jobs Horns

If true, and given Apples paranoia ...

there could not be a dumber schmuck around.

The problem is is Apple discovered the 'evidence' the chances are they could be accused of tampering.

And if Google has 'the goods' on this guy in it's e-mail system it sure gives rise to interesting legal conundrums given the ill-will between Apple and Google!

Go

Looks like Cresyn needs a new consultant

For $6k a month I'll be happy to paraphrase news articles and blog posts, er... provide you with valuable market information that will be invaluable for your future business. Just remember that I'll need to be paid in used fivers.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums