An underground credit card clearing house has itself been hacked, an investigation by Trend Micro has confirmed. The operation - a holding firm for anonymous payment service Fethard - processes credit card payments for a rogue's gallery of fake anti-virus (scareware) suppliers, spam-promoted unlicensed pharmaceutical and extreme …
oh course it worked..
criminals have no law to observe and no due process.. and they can think for themselves..
unlike the law/order types..
also.. Feike Hacquebord.. made up name.. my minimal linguistics skills pronounce it as fake hackboard..
Made up name?
"Trend Micro researcher Feike Hacquebord "
Fake Hack Board - who the hell is he/she kidding?
Nah, just Dutch.
My favourite is 'Heero Hacquebord'.
How does that work?
"....also puts the personal data of legitimate customers and of many ordinary Russians at risk."
Er, their details were already on file with a bent card processor. In exactly what way were they not already pwned?
A Møøse once bit my sister
Those responsible for hacking the people who have just been hacked have been hacked.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'