Diskcon USA is where the hard disk drive industry goes to discuss technology, areal density and innovation. There are lots of juicy sessions but nothing much from Seagate. It's being held at the Santa Clara Hotel on September 9th and 10th and session one is concerned with HDD component manufacturing and metrology. There are …
Mechanical disks aren't the future
I expect that Seagate will get out of the HDD manufacturing business soon. We're bouncing up against the limits of the technology and solid state is where the industry is going. the days of the HDD are numbered. SSD prices are beginning to fall to the point where they will be affordable, soon. They're much less expensive to manufacture and there are no mechanical devices to fail.
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone