Football fans are warned to be wary of a wave of phishing attacks to coincide with the start of a new Barclays Premier League season, which kicks off on Saturday. Symantec has intercepted spam messages claiming that recipients have "won a pair of tickets for the 2010/11 Barclays Premier League in a draw" that will supposedly …
What about the cash machine promo tho...
As someone who is savvy to these kind of spam attacks i may have fallen for this, if only for the cash machine tickets lottery that ran last season. Without taking huge notice of it, it implied that everytime you used a barclays cash machine, you could be entered for a draw for Premiership tickets where there was a pair to be won every 90 minutes. I think you had to choose to be entered into the draw by asking for a receipt with your cash.. Going so far as to login from a link, i dont think i would do... however... this is one of the more believable ones i've read about!
"Common sense should tell recipients that they have no chance of winning a competition they have never entered"
...and that claim - as in 'Claime your prize' doesn't have an 'e'.
Not to mention
The sudden change of typeface in "Claim your ticket...."
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Dell charges £16 TO INSTALL FIREFOX on PCs – Mozilla is miffed
- Google! and! Facebook! IDs! face! Yahoo! login! BAN!