Cambridge University cosmologists working with physicist Stephen Hawking are getting their first real taste of supercomputing power as they upgrade to Silicon Graphics' Altix UV parallel supers. The UK Computational Cosmology Consortium, which was established in 1997 by Hawking to probe the structure of the universe in the …
Theoretical physicists do not win Nobel prizes unless their predictions are experimentally verified. So, when an astronomer spots an evapourating black hole, then Hawking will most likely win a Nobel.
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Windows 8.1, which you probably haven't upgraded to yet, ALREADY OBSOLETE
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders