Cambridge University cosmologists working with physicist Stephen Hawking are getting their first real taste of supercomputing power as they upgrade to Silicon Graphics' Altix UV parallel supers. The UK Computational Cosmology Consortium, which was established in 1997 by Hawking to probe the structure of the universe in the …
Theoretical physicists do not win Nobel prizes unless their predictions are experimentally verified. So, when an astronomer spots an evapourating black hole, then Hawking will most likely win a Nobel.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad