Cambridge University cosmologists working with physicist Stephen Hawking are getting their first real taste of supercomputing power as they upgrade to Silicon Graphics' Altix UV parallel supers. The UK Computational Cosmology Consortium, which was established in 1997 by Hawking to probe the structure of the universe in the …
Theoretical physicists do not win Nobel prizes unless their predictions are experimentally verified. So, when an astronomer spots an evapourating black hole, then Hawking will most likely win a Nobel.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked