Cambridge University cosmologists working with physicist Stephen Hawking are getting their first real taste of supercomputing power as they upgrade to Silicon Graphics' Altix UV parallel supers. The UK Computational Cosmology Consortium, which was established in 1997 by Hawking to probe the structure of the universe in the …
Theoretical physicists do not win Nobel prizes unless their predictions are experimentally verified. So, when an astronomer spots an evapourating black hole, then Hawking will most likely win a Nobel.
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media