back to article 16-year-old makes £1m selling ads

A 16-year-old kid from Northants has made his first million selling discount software and embedding ads in mobile applications, and aims to be making a hundred times that. While most of us were experimenting with recreational drugs* and getting shot down in flames by the opposite sex, Christian Owens was negotiating limited- …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Congratulations to him

He's figured out already that Apple owners are brain dead types who believe that they are getting software really worth $249 for $49!

2. Martin.Hale

Title? Title? We Don't Need No Steeenking Title

Not to cast a chill on Master Owens' accomplishments, but it occurs to me there must be a lad or two who've turned over a million quid in the drugs game by age 16 and they did it without resorting to the menace of embedded adverts.

3. Scarborough Dave
    Paris Hilton

Welldone, young man!

I am very envious of that performance at your age, I was getting drunk on Woodpecker at your age!

Paris: Someone else who would equally be as impressed.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Good for him ...

At least he's not stealing car radios like I did to make my first million.

5. Squirrel
    Headmaster

made 1m != turnover 1m

If I say I made a million on that last job... I mean after tax my personal account has a one and six zeros.

Turnover is not even slightly related.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Dead Vulture

Impressive writing

In the headline the term "makes" (profit, cash you get to keep yourself) is used, but only in the final paragraph is it conceded, albeit after the facts are laid out, that the big figure is only "turnover" (revenue, cash you get paid that has to cover your own costs). May I suggest "takes" or "takes in" instead?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Ohhh pot. Ahh, Alcahol.

Well done to that boy - although 1 million turnover is not the same as 1 million profit it still beats the hell out of what I was doing at that age*

Just hope his new found fame does not go to his head like other teen success stories, happens often and the fall is usually from a great height and usually involves alcahol in some way.

*Getting laid, smoking pot and asking my sister to buy me alcohol. anon for obvious reasons.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Very good, but....

Perhaps he could direct a bit of that cash into having a website that could be found...

And that Branchr thing looks a bit iffy as well. Yes, yes, call me cynical...

9. TimeMaster T
    Thumb Up

Title!

As much as I am green with envy I have to give him a Thumbs Up. He worked at it and has earned his money. Good show and good luck.

10. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

"branchr"

Just when I thought that every moronic "I'm going to remove the last vowel from a verb, oh I'm so clever and hip" name had been takn...

11. Anonymous Coward
    Welcome

Is he hiring?

WTF, someone had to ask...

I for one... blah blah, PFY, blah blah overlords...

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

He's everywhere

I go to this guy's school, and everyone /everywhere/ just keeps going on about him, how he's so awesome for 'earning' £1 million - give us a break, please.

This topic is closed for new posts.