AMD has upgraded its ATI Stream SDK adding full OpenCL 1.1 support to the CPU/GPU development platform while also embracing Ubuntu 10.04, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5. That was quick. OpenCL version 1.1 — the latest open source standard for munging CPU and GPU powers to allow for streamlining of highly parallel software …
But can it run x264 ?
great but can amd's OpenCL 1.1now FINNALY help the GSOC GPU x264 devs FINALLY write some GSOC OpenCL patches to speed up the worlds best AVC/H.264 encoder, there where lots of missing OpenCL things in the last AMD/ATI codebase that theuy can use with the Nvidia OpenCL apparently.
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- OHM MY GOD! Move over graphene, here comes '100% PERFECT' stanene
- Beijing leans on Microsoft to maintain Windows XP support
- Google's new cloud CRUSHES Amazon in RAM battle