AMD has upgraded its ATI Stream SDK adding full OpenCL 1.1 support to the CPU/GPU development platform while also embracing Ubuntu 10.04, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5. That was quick. OpenCL version 1.1 — the latest open source standard for munging CPU and GPU powers to allow for streamlining of highly parallel software …
But can it run x264 ?
great but can amd's OpenCL 1.1now FINNALY help the GSOC GPU x264 devs FINALLY write some GSOC OpenCL patches to speed up the worlds best AVC/H.264 encoder, there where lots of missing OpenCL things in the last AMD/ATI codebase that theuy can use with the Nvidia OpenCL apparently.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Analysis The future health of the internet comes down to ONE simple question…