AMD has upgraded its ATI Stream SDK adding full OpenCL 1.1 support to the CPU/GPU development platform while also embracing Ubuntu 10.04, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5. That was quick. OpenCL version 1.1 — the latest open source standard for munging CPU and GPU powers to allow for streamlining of highly parallel software …
But can it run x264 ?
great but can amd's OpenCL 1.1now FINNALY help the GSOC GPU x264 devs FINALLY write some GSOC OpenCL patches to speed up the worlds best AVC/H.264 encoder, there where lots of missing OpenCL things in the last AMD/ATI codebase that theuy can use with the Nvidia OpenCL apparently.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose decides today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent spat