AMD has upgraded its ATI Stream SDK adding full OpenCL 1.1 support to the CPU/GPU development platform while also embracing Ubuntu 10.04, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.5. That was quick. OpenCL version 1.1 — the latest open source standard for munging CPU and GPU powers to allow for streamlining of highly parallel software …
But can it run x264 ?
great but can amd's OpenCL 1.1now FINNALY help the GSOC GPU x264 devs FINALLY write some GSOC OpenCL patches to speed up the worlds best AVC/H.264 encoder, there where lots of missing OpenCL things in the last AMD/ATI codebase that theuy can use with the Nvidia OpenCL apparently.
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- 'Regin': The 'New Stuxnet' spook-grade SOFTWARE WEAPON described
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes