Feeds

back to article iPhone users get more sex than Android fans

When it comes to getting laid, put your Blackberry back in your hip holster and don't get caught touching an Android. The iPhone gets results. iPhone users are getting more sex then their counterparts on RIM or Google devices, with women iPhone users getting more action than their male counterparts. Women iPhone users are …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Page:

That's funny

I'd associate iPhone users with increased sexual activity, just not the type involving a partner...

Thumb Up

Yes - a more suitable headline would be...

iPhone users are the biggest w*nkers. Android and Blackberry users aren't far behind.

Another way to look at it

...is to say that iPhone users enjoy getting screwed.

Jobs Horns

Pants on fire?

All this proves is that iPoop owners are bigger liars than Androud and Blackbore users.

Interesting that Symbian users are not listed as we get laid all the time,...... NOT! :)

Boffin

More partners != more sex

a sexual partner is not necessarily a single-use item

FAIL

just sluttier

Exactly. This "study" only shows that though iPhones are at less risk for viruses, their users are at a greater risk.

Silver badge
Dead Vulture

Not sure if this is positive or negative

I wonder what that says about the women who have an iphone?

But anyway, correlation != causation...

Silver badge

Yeah, sure, right.

Head for your nearest bookstore or coffee shop or other wifi gathering place.

The folks more interested in their ::insert mobile device here:: are completely oblivious to the MOTAS in their immediate vicinity.

It would seem that online interaction, even of a sexual nature, is more important than real, honest-to-gawd/ess physical contact.

It's sad, really ... The kids who were born of the Nintendo Generation don't actually understand what it's like to have a RealLife[tm] relationship. Poor bastards.

Coat

Is it just me or..

Jake - "The folks more interested in their ::insert mobile device here::"

Did you really mean that ?...or is it just me? (don't answer that!)

(Written by Reg staff)

Re: Is it just me or..

Ha!

I've actually smiled at two comments today. It's a world first.

Huh?

I thought honest-to-gawd physical contact was what this whole sorry argument was about.

Paris Hilton

It good be just showiing off

An iPhone buyer may be more interested in having a phone they can show off, no matter what the cost ergo they need to up the amount of sex they appear to be having. It's a mental attitude.

The other phones...realistic individuals who just want a smart phone or have had one forced on them by their company.

:)

Silver badge
Coat

Letters, Digits.

That was my thinking - and one small factor in my thinking it is that, although not all iPhone types I've encountered do this, some do habitually include the 'i' when referring to the device in a way that the generic 'phone' would suffice. (eg, "Let me just grab my iPhone before we go..." or "Poo. I've left my iPhone at home...") - I've yet to hear any user of any other type of phone refer to it by brand when a generic reference would suffice.

To my mind, that indicates that these particular people do indeed see it as either a fashion item or status symbol at least as much, if not more so, than as a mobile phone - so it doesn't seem a huge stretch to imagine that they might lie about how many sexual partners they've had.

Especially the blokes - I know, because <checks> yes, I'm a bloke. ;)

Coat

I suppose...

it sounds better than more sluts use an iPhone.

At least I know which phone the wife is NOT getting next upgrade ;)

FAIL

Eeek

My wife has an iPhone and I have a Desire, does this mean she's cheating on me? Should I sue Apple or......

Should ignore this utterly pointless report which I can't believe you even gave the light of day?

Silver badge
Happy

:P

I would guess it would depend on how much Desire your wife has

Anonymous Coward

stupid title.

Could this be because fashion victems consider the iphone a must have ?

Thumb Up

Quality vs quantity

As an Android convert I was initially deeply offended, but you know what? It's probably true.

I would also point out that having poor intelligence, blonde hair, big tits and a penchant for Barcardi Breezer will also get you more sex, but those with a bit more nous will realise how disturbingly unsatisfying that sex will be.

Which is how I feel when I use an iPhone. And dirty.

Bronze badge

Yep, there's an app. for that

..it's called a 'browser'. For surfing pr0n. When you can't get a bit of "how's your father"

Or, maybe the iPhone's a bit bigger, and when stuffed in a man's trouser pocket...You get the drift.

Off-topic - what's Gavin doing writing in Lester's undisputed domain (or is Lester busy on a playmobil reconstruction)? Pray do tell!

Heart

Girls don't like boys

Money.

Android users are poor. Girls aren't attracted to poor guys.

Paris Hilton

Different Title

So what you are telling me is that women with an iPhone do it significantly more than any other category?

"Spot a chick with an iPhone and you're in!"

Does Paris have an iPhone?

Grenade

I think the headline should have been

"You're more likely to catch a ride to the GUM clinic from an iPhone user," the slags....

Grenade

Yup

Well I'd say this is pretty obvious, no?

Blackberry users are too busy checking their work e-mail and Android users are way too busy posting nerd rage comments and dissing the iPhone to find the time to actually have sex with someone.

Thumb Down

im sure the title is wrong

those figures say number of partners not amount of sex

to me it says that andriod users are better at keeping partners so potentially get more nad are better at it as they can keep them satisifed

or that iphone users are drunken fools that fall into bed with anyone

Anonymous Coward

This makes sense

So, this basically means that iPhone users are sluts.....yup

iPhone users are easy

This data doesn't say iPhone users get more sex, it says that they sleep around more. For all we know, the android people might be at it every night, but with the same person. (Not all of them with the same person, obviously).

Badgers

Not all of them with the same person, obviously?

Going by the report could it be the same iPhone person?

Badgers? well they are easier to get rid of than crab apples.

Thumb Up

Look at it another way

iPhone users are more likely to catch a dose.

Thumb Down

Get it right, please

I know headlines are supposed to grab attention, but they should be accurate too and reflect the data in the article. More partners is not the same as more sex.

Anonymous Coward

So iPhone users are sluts?

I can live with that.

FAIL

Pointless

What a complete and utter load of pointless shite, another illustration of how useless as a race we are coming when someone is paid to produce this drivel.

Anonymous Coward

Jesus H Christ

We humans really are a bunch of air-headed losers....

Troll

12!! Is that all?!?

Obviously they don't hang around the same night-clubs as I did.....

...now, where's the rash cream...

Bunch of iSluts

It doesn't say anything about the amount of rumpy-pumpy actually going on, just the amount of sleeping around (and perhaps prostitute use).

What that graph actually tells you is that Android users are more faithful than those with iPhones.

Anonymous Coward

more sexual partners != more sex

Headline is misleading!

Another advert for OKCupid oh Joy

Another advert for OKCupid oh Joy

Thumb Down

wrong metric

"number of partners" is a bad metric. I (have a company WinMobile device, that should score negative in sexiness) have only a small number of partners on the scale of the plots (2 in fact).

But i get laid lots. Why waste time flashing your sexy smartphone around in the search of new partners? Why waste time playing with a smartphone's touchscreen where you could be playing with your partner's touch-sensitive areas?

Silver badge
Happy

I wonder....

One thing we do know pretty conclusively is that a lot of people lie when taking surveys, and doubly so when taking surveys about their sex lives, for a whole host of complex reasons.

So, could it just be that iPhone users lie more than users of other smartphones, perhaps in a desperate effort to fit in with what they see as societal norms? I merely raise the possibility, is all :-)

GJC

Wow

Some of the worst statistical analysis i've seen - and that includes the last 13 years of a crap government!!

Devining a corollary between two disparate pieces of dating and then coming to a conclusion.

Dr. Snow must be spinning in his grave.

Coat

The implication of this research being...

...that women with iPhones are slappers?

Or is this another implicit reinforcement of the view that Android users have more geek factor (and hence are less likely to be sucessful with the opposite sex)?

OK, OK I'm going

(Full disclosure - I'm planning on getting an Android phone and I haven't had any in months)

Not quite true...

More partners != more sex.

If El Reg is going to rip apart others for repeating dodgy statistics, then maybe start here too.

Maybe I'm just sensitive because I've got an android....

Jobs Horns

Official: iPhone users are more likely to get a virus.

Looks more like a survey of promescuity rather than activity.

Perhaps: iPhone responsible for more break ups!

Silver badge
Linux

Tosh...

Apple users are immune to viral threats -- or so they keep asserting, much to my amusement.

Anonymous Coward

Load of crap

Surely total number of partners isn't relevant? Most of these phones have only been around for a couple of years and how many people bought their phone last week??

You could apply it to anything - models of car, models of fridge freezer, anything.

Anonymous Coward

Yes yes

We all know how accurate statistics about how much one is getting are.

I for one am getting it twice a night 7 nights a week.

El
Paris Hilton

Please go on

And how often is your spouse getting it, if you don't mind my asking?

Anonymous Coward

You'll have to check

with your mother.

Bronze badge
Joke

No, No, AC!!!

And how often is your husband getting it?

Bronze badge

..and his/her mother said...

Baaaaa!

Bronze badge
FAIL

Yes yes!!

"Beat" you. I used to get it twice at night, and once in the morning!

(As long as she was at work doing nightshift, natch. Sadly, no-one else involved.)

Icon 'Epic Fail and no messing'??? No messing?? Maybe I chose the wrong icon...

Page:

This topic is closed for new posts.