back to article Best Buys: Touchscreen Compact Cameras

So how did they do? At £120, the Nikon Coolpix S4000 offers great value for money and is a great way into the world of touchscreen cameras. But serious snappers will lament the lack of an optical image stabilisation system, no HDMI port, and disappointing picture quality. Group Test Touchscreen Compact Cameras The Fujifilm …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

"touchscreens are a logical choice for compact cameras"

Logical for who? Not me -- I'd rather rotate a dial, or push some buttons instead of peering at a screen and navigating menus. Or does "logical" mean "save the manufacturer money on components, and the customer hopefully won't notice until its too late".

/cynic

FAIL

Idiotic article

What a moronic concept for an article. It's like a roundup of cameras with square shutter buttons. A touchscreen interface is not a defining category of a camera, such as compact or SLR. When thinking about buying a camera, one does not narrow the field down to touchscreen only and then begin choosing.

Personally I loathe touchscreen cameras. It's a poorly conceived idea, designed by marketing departments to dazzle the unwary. The orientation of the screen - vertical with your hand at one side - means that pressing the screen moves the whole camera and changes your shot. Touchscreen interfaces only work properly when you can have your other hand behind the screen to support the device and provide counterweight to the screen presses (like on a phone).

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums