back to article Voda UK rings up PAYG plans for iPhone 4

UK mobile mammoth Vodafone has made the iPhone 4 available on a Pay As You Go (PAYG) basis. iPhone 4 An iPhone 4 16GB costs £480, while a 32GB one will set you back £570. You can also get the 3GS 8GB for £385. Tied into the Vodafone network for 12 months, the pre-pay devices cost £20-£30 less than an unlocked version direct …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Why would anyone go for this?

"Tied into the Vodafone network for 12 months, the pre-pay devices cost £20-£30 less than an unlocked version direct from the Apple Store."

So you've got the extra cost of prepay tariffs *and* a 12 month lockin, to save £30.

Better to pay the £30 and get a sim only tariff (from £0 per month) with no lockin.

Data?

Cool, does that £0 per month include the same 3G and WiFi as this package? (Admittedly it ain't much, but it's enough for many people).

FAIL

250GB - are you freaking kidding me?!

This is only going to piss off geek crowd.

WTF?

Vodafone's data limits are now absurd

Tell me about it. I bought a Nokia N900 not too long ago on Vodafone and I was actually *offended* to see that the data policy (which, of course, was sold to me as "unlimited") had a Fair Use limit of 500MB a month. That's abut one iPlayer episode. Why, Mr Vodafone, with these data limits you are really spoiling us!

FAIL

250GB?

I'd be happy with that!

Silver badge
Jobs Horns

Maybe the Brits are smarter than Americans ...

in expecting when they buy something like the Lemon 4 they expect it to work and this is is Vodafone's answer to moving sales?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums