The main reason why VMware took open source core groupware software maker Zimbra off the hands of Yahoo back in January was to have yet one more piece of code to sell to SMB customers and hosting companies adopting its vSphere server virtualization stack. Today, a virtual appliance version of the Zimbra email, calendaring, and …
Oh my. Our institution switched to Zimbra about a year ago. Rarely have I beheld such a steaming pile of dung, lacking in basic functionality.
Not a very illuminating comment - the better I may understand Zimbras failings through your eyes, please do spell it out for me: What basic functionality is missing in your experience?
Is this in Zimbra server functionality or in the desktop email client software?
you're holding it wrong
seems fine for us.
Actually it should be written
...hides the underlying knobs and switches of the Ubuntu Linux and ZCS application from [INSERT]Windows[/INSERT] system administrators. Other sysadmins are just fine with it.
Honestly, I don't know why but I find it weird that people chose to run VMware on Windows. Doing a lot of sacrifice just to avoid Linux or ESXi ?
Running on top of what?
I have a terrible feeling this is going to end in tears
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- UNIX greybeards threaten Debian fork over systemd plan