If you were thinking about entering the US Defense Advanced Research Project Agency's ExtremeScale supercomputing challenge issued in March, you missed your chance. DARPA's awarded grants to four design teams, plus another that'll run benchmarks on the HPC prototypes. The heavy hitters in the HPC community as well as in academia …
IBM and HP? not x86
If you look at where IBM and HP are going its x86 server racks, focus on ops/watt, cost. this stuff is too niche.
Please tell me
Georgia Institute of Technology uses a short form closer that used by their California cousins and not their Massachusetts brethren. Lets face it, "tested by Geotech" sounds much better than "tested by GIT".
Is their commonly used name, immortalized in their football song: "I'm a rambling wreck from Georgia Tech, and a hell of an engineer."
24 inches by 78 inches by 40 inches
Pah! Show me petaflops performance in 1U of rack space. Now that would be impressive.
I know why SGI did'nt get a lookin
Someone stole their MoJo.
You can guess what DVD's in the pocket.
I know where Larrabee is...
Hiding in either a bus station locker, or in a mailbox. Pretty soon agent 86 will spot him.
Hmm one step closer
One step closer to getting a system for the Area 51 spaceship!
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad