Six suspected fraudsters have been arrested in the UK and Ireland over their alleged involvement in a bank and credit card phishing scam that affected tens of thousands of victims and resulted in losses of millions of pounds. Five men and one woman, aged 25 to 40, were arrested in London and County Meath, Ireland on Tuesday and …
Who the hell comes up with these operation names?
Someone who has been watching the Simpsons a little too much perhaps?
Engage brain before reading headline...
... first glance it read as "Scotland Yard arrests six million over phishing scam", I was wondering where they would detain all these suspects.
The FAIL is for me and no-one else.
I read it as "megasquid fishing"
which is now the title of my new movie script
I've already coded up "Wii Megasquid fishing" it'll hit the stores in a few weeks time.
Losses of £358,000
If they added 6 zeros they would have been bailed-out instead of refused-bailed
Dr Freud? Dr Freud, you're needed...
Why did I read "ring probe" and get a wholly-unnecessary vision of where the Yard had been investigating?
Why the lowercase 'e' in PCeU?
No seriously - that is pretty f**king lame. It actually gets lamer and lamer the more I think about it.
And chalk up another for "megasquid fishing" on the misread board
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS