Feeds

back to article Google warns Chrome Canary is only for the brave

Google is calling on extremely brave individuals to test drive the so-called Canary build of its Chrome browser. Not content with pushing out dev channel builds on an almost weekly basis, Mountain View is now slinging very rough-round-the-edges code onto the interwebs for lone rangers who are happy to tinker with a “highly …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Grenade

See it crash? I'd rather see it load up.

Downloaded this in a curious moment of madness this morning. I keep poking it but it hasn't even loaded yet - it doesn't even leave any footprints or broken springs lying around in the event manager.

JDX
Gold badge
Happy

Usually without a human being ever verifying that it works...

It compiles, that's all the testing I need!

Joke

Your documentation...

...is probably the single line: "It works dunnit??"

Yes, I think I've got some of your stuff here...

Thumb Down

Unstable

i suppose you could class it as such but I couldn't even get a browser window to open, sat there in the background with 2 instances running and utilising 50% of my dual core to do nothing.

Go

That's odd....

I've been using it all day and haven't had a single issue yet...

Go

hmm

yeh works fine here too!

Generic comment title

to be fair an unstable version is probably not going to be any worse than some of the final code put out by other companies.

Joke

It's almost too easy...

"Not content with pushing out dev channel builds on an almost weekly basis, Mountain View is now slinging very rough-round-the-edges code onto the interwebs for lone rangers who are happy to tinker with a “highly unstable browser that will often break entirely”."

You mean, Internet Explorer users?

Mine's the one with a copy of Les Dennis' Guide To Easy Comedy Targets in the pocket...

This topic is closed for new posts.