back to article Sony Bravia KDL-32NX503 32in LCD TV

Monolithic is a desirable word, unless it’s applied to small things like a mobile phone, a peanut, a shrew. So does it fit a flatscreen TV, especially one at the lower end of screen sizes deemed suitable for a living room? Sony Bravia KDL-32NX503 Leaving space in your living room: Sony's Bravia KDL-32NX503 Monolithic is the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.

Remote

If it's anything like the 46" version, then the big-old power button on the back of the remote will switch off all of the sony devices in your cinema setup, and not put just the TV into standby like the front-face button does - it's a bit more than just a gimmick.

Anonymous Coward

USB details?!?

Yet another RegHardware TV review that doesn't state whether the USB only caters for FAT32 and therefore a maximum files size of 4GB.

And what about DLNA - does that work (properly)?

FAIL

Contrast ratio?

David - you show a spec list with 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio near the bottom of your piece.

This spec is not at the Sony page you link to:

http://www.sony.co.uk/product/t32-nx-series/kdl-32nx503/tab/overview

This TV uses CCFL backlight, so cannot use zone dimming. The contrast ratio will be that of the matice LCD panel, around 1000:1

Happy

Size Queenery

32" is more than adequate for the average living room!

Silver badge

Hear, hear!

Glad I'm not the only person who still views a 32" set as large.

Anonymous Coward

Why worry about 100Hz?

You mention the lack of 100Hz processing several times: do you really think it helps?

It seems to give everything an unnatural, computer-generated feel to me, and I always switch it off.

Anonymous Coward

How much?!

With comments like "This is an affordable TV, even though it’s not super-cheap", I was expecting it to be about £300. But £700?! You can get a proper sized TV for that these days!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums